When you join the Hackspace, we collect, process and store certain personal information for the following reasons:
- Legal Obligation – Your Name and Address are required to be held by us for all members for the government as part of being a Company Limited by Guarantee. We are required to hold this information for ten years after you cease to be a member.
- Contractual – Your Email Address is the method we will use to contact you about company-related information, such as Elections and General Meetings, or if there is a problem.
- Consent – Your phone number can be used as a backup method to contact you if board members deem it necessary. This information does not have to be provided, and can be removed in the members area at any time.
- Vital Interest – Emergency contact details and ‘other information’ are stored to comply with our Health & Safety policy. This information may be passed on to the Emergency Services or Other Members on the scene in a situation where you are injured and unable to tell them yourself.
- Legitimate Interest – We store information about rule infractions and complaints about members necessary for enforcing the Hackspace Rules. We log RFID door openings to the Hackspace for a month after they occur, for security reasons in case of unauthorized entry, and to allow us to debug any issues with the entry system.
Member Data Deletion
- We will store enough information to identify a person banned from the Hackspace for the length of their ban plus 6 months, to prevent them attempting to re-register.
- We will store rule infraction / complaint information for 6 months from the date of the latest incident.
- All personal information will be stored for 12 months after someone stops being a member, after which everything will automatically be wiped except Name & Address, as we legally have to keep this for 10 years. Former members can request this information is removed earlier than 12 months.
- Phone number information can be removed in the members area at any time.
- RFID entry logs are automatically wiped after a month.
Our forum (https://list.hacman.org.uk) requires an email, username, and password. This information is required for basic operation of the forum software. All other personal information is optional and can be removed at any time.
If posts on our forum contain personal information, this can be removed by request.
Forum Data Deletion
- If you wish your forum account to be removed, email [email protected] and we will do so.
What we won’t do
We won’t use the information that we gather about you to send spam email messages, mail-shots, or similar blanket marketing campaigns. We will not send you special offers or promotions. We will not use any information that we learn about you for advertising, market research or profiling purposes, excepting where that information has been explicitly provided for those purposes.
You may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data; to the portability of your personal data, and to complain to ICO about the processing of your personal data.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of your dealings with Hackspace Manchester, or would like to make a complaint or request, please contact us at [email protected]
If you wish to complain about our data processing to the ICO, their address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
You can also contact them by telephone on 01625 545 745 or via their website at www.ico.org.uk.
Version 1.1, 25th May 2018